We perform full services by appointment only. This helps to keep drop-off and pick-up times predictable and prevent bike storage overcrowding!
We're normally booked up one or two weeks in advance, sometimes less during the winter and more during the summer months. Your bike should be in the shop by 10am on the day of its appointment; you can bring it in the evening before if that's more convenient. We'll go over the bike with you and make an estimate when you drop it off. Let us know of any particular issues or requests, and we'll take your number and call you if we need to follow up on anything once we've started. Your bike will normally be ready by 5:30 that evening (6:30 Thursdays). Collecting it the following morning is fine too. We don't have a lot of space to store customers' bikes, so please help us by collecting yours promptly when it's ready!
If you're unsure of what work and parts your bike may need, pop into the shop with it anytime for a free estimate.
We have four choices on the service menu. The prices listed are for labour only, and exclude the cost of parts:
Safety Check: £40
This is a check/adjustment for roadworthiness, for bikes that don't require cleaning or new parts.
- Bikes that have been in storage
- Putting together and adjusting a new bike from the box (for bikes which are partly pre-assembled at the factory)
Basic Service: £55
- Brakes & Gears adjusted
- Parts inspected for wear
- Fitting of minor parts such as cables, pads, chain & cassette (these are not included in the service price)
- Wheel truing
- What the service doesn't cover: cleaning, building wheels, bottom bracket/headset replacement, bearing servicing
Standard Service: £75
This is the most popular choice.
- Clean the whole bike, including drivetrain degreasing
- All necessary adjustments
- Fit parts (except as listed below)
- What the service doesn't cover: building wheels, bottom bracket/headset replacement, bearing servicing
- Bottom bracket and headset servicing/replacement, and hub servicing, available as an add-on from £16 labour charge for each
Senior Service: £120
- Strip the bike down
- Clean everything
- Fit parts, including headset and bottom bracket if necessary
- Service headset, bottom bracket and hubs as necessary
- We offer a discounted rate on building wheels on this serivce of £20 per wheel rather than £32